NAMI Charleston Area Mascot Design Art Contest
NAMI Charleston Area is reaching out to the young and creative generation of Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Georgetown, and Horry Counties in the search for a mascot design.
NAMI Charleston Area is reaching out to the young and creative generation of Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Georgetown, and Horry Counties in the search for a mascot design. This form outlines the official rules of the NAMI Charleston Area Mascot Design Contest. The object of the contest is to design a mascot that symbolizes a positive mental health image, as well as represent the values and mission of NAMI Charleston Area:
- To provide support, education, advocacy and outreach to persons with mental illness and their families
- To promote better quality of care; to promote rights and interests of citizens with mental illness, particularly of those who cannot speak for themselves; and to advocate policies at the local, state, and national levels to accomplish these objectives
- To help families and friends of persons with mental illness by providing emotional support, education, and information
Information on how to enter and the prize for the winning selection are a part of these official rules and guidelines. To the extent of any inconsistency, these rules and guidelines prevail.
- Contestant must be a student between 6-12th grade
- Contestant and guardian (if a minor), must be agreeable to all of the following rules, and submit a completed talent release form with entry
- Contestant must live in Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Georgetown, or Horry County
- Submissions are due no later than Friday, May 7th, by 5 PM.
- Only ONE (1) submission allowed per contestant
- Entry must include a (1) signed release form, (2) the artwork file, (3) contestant name
- Entries must be submitted by email
- Submit to email@example.com
- Subject line should be NAMI Charleston Area Mascot Entry-first name last name
- Mascot design is a sea turtle. The sea turtle was chosen because it represents strength and determination.
- Mascot design should be original artwork only. Clipart illustrations are not permitted. Plagiarized art will result in disqualification.
- Mascot design must be a full-body image. This means the entire body should be drawn and it should not cut off at the shoulders, waist, or knees.
- Design points to include or consider:
- Mental health education, support, and acceptance
- The Lowcountry community and geography
- Mascot design may be created in any medium, however, if not a digital art design, the design must be scanned and entered as a digital image
- Mascot design should fit within a 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper. It should be able to be manipulated in regard to size, being legible both very large and very small (1-2 in)
- All entries must be family friendly and rated PG. Absolutely NO suggestive content, violence, or implications of drugs and alcohol is permitted.
- Formats accepted: JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD with resolution of a minimum of 600 dpi 9. “NAMI Charleston Area” can be included in the design, however, do not include a specific mascot name in the design. We will have a separate contest for naming the mascot once a winning design is chosen.
- Entrants may NOT post their submissions on public sharing websites and/or any social media pages until an official winner has been announced by NAMI Charleston Area. Violators will be disqualified.
- If an entrant is found to be harassing or threatening a fellow entrant, be it online or elsewhere, the entrant responsible for the harassment or threats will be disqualified from the contest.
- Any questions, comments or concerns regarding these official rules and guidelines can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline date.
The winning NAMI Charleston Area mascot design will receive a $250 Visa gift card.