Calling All Artists in Grades 6 through 12!
We have two opportunities for artists in Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Georgetown, and Horry Counties to share their artwork and support mental wellness. Read on to find out more:
NAMI Charleston Mascot Design Contest
NAMI Charleston Area is reaching out to the young and creative generation of the Lowcountry in the search for a mascot design in the form of a sea turtle. The object of the contest is to design a mascot that symbolizes a positive mental health image, as well as represent the values and mission of NAMI Charleston Area:
- To provide support, education, advocacy and outreach to persons with mental illness and their families
- To promote better quality of care; to promote rights and interests of citizens with mental illness, particularly of those who cannot speak for themselves; and to advocate policies at the local, state and national levels to accomplish these objectives
- To help families and friends of persons with mental illness by providing emotional support, education, and information
- Contestant must be a student between 6-12th grade
- Contestant and guardian (if a minor), must be agreeable to all of the following rules, and submit a completed release form with entry
- Contestant must live in Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Georgetown, or Horry Counties
Prize: The winning entrant will receive a $250 Visa gift card.
Complete Rules and Talent Release Form can be found HERE.
The Art of Discovery
Submit your artwork for our Charleston exhibit!
We are seeking young artists (grades 6-12) interested in sharing their work as part of an exhibit
in coordination with the City of Charleston’s Piccolo Spoleto Festival 2021. Our exhibit will
focus on the theme of self discovery, mental health, and the journey young people face each
and every day. We are looking for artwork that speaks to your personal challenges, struggles,
Please call us at 843-696-0977 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like be
considered for our art showcase!
Artwork submissions should be emailed to us no later than May 1, 2021.
When and Where
Upper Lance Hall
Circular Congregational Church
150 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401
May 28 – June 13, 2021
11am – 7pm daily
The exhibit is FREE and open to all visitors! Click HERE to fill out the form